Sunday, September 7, 2008

Exclusive Interview with Colours Swathi:

Exclusive Interview with Colours Swathi:

Colors' Swathi needs no introduction. She entertains the small TV audience with her show Colors. Now she had done the role of Mahalaxmi in Krishnavamsi's Danger and made her debut into the big screen. Though many producers were trying to cast her as heroine in their production, she made it on to the big screen only now. Here are the views of Swathi expressed in an exclusive interview.

Tell us a little bit about yourself
My childhood is like a fairy tale. I am very lucky in that regard. I am treated as a princess at home. It is always fun time at home. My father is a navy man. One day I was visiting my aunty when I took the audition. I got selected and stepped in to anchoring. Since most part of my childhood and education was in Mumbai, I learnt Telugu after I got into anchoring with MAA. I prefer good command on the language in which you present. Not a mixture of various languages and make it funky.

How did you get into Danger?
One day I got a call from Krishnavamsi. I thought it was for audio release or to dub for some Hindi artist. But he was offereing me the role of Mahalaxmi. I was a fan of Krishnavamsi's direction from the beginning. So I could not resist.

Do you plan on continuing as actress?
I did not plan on becoming an anchor. Similarly, I did not plan or try to become an actress. It happened. So I am not going to plan (laughs). But I would do any thing with sincerity and dedication.

You are expecting all characters to be like Mahalaxmi's?
No, I am not saying that. What I mean to say is that it depends on the story.

Are you not restricting yourself with chances then?
I agree there is lot of money with playing heroine. However, if I don't handle it with discretion, it will ruin my freedom. I don't need money and status that would take away simple feel of freedom from me. I did the role of Mahalaxmi. But still I could go on road; go for shopping with my mom etc. If I continue doing regular heroine characters, I will not be able to do that any more. I give peace and freedom more priority than money and related.

What is your strength and weakness?
My plus and minus are my words. In my childhood, I was chided for being talkative. Now that turned to my advantage.

Do you see any resemblance in you with Mahalakshmi character?
In fact, yes. I am a very good girl, you know (laugsh).

What is your thought about Krishnavamsi as director.
He is undoubtedly one of the best directors.

Did you read the story of Danger before signing up for it?
Yes. In fact, Krishnavamsi always teases me by saying I did not sign up until I read the script.

What scenes did you like the best in Danger?
When Karthik confesses to Raj Nayak; The scene where the friends get washed away in sand; Personally, I liked the scene when Satya suddenly comes to me in the forest.

What is the best compliment you got for this film?
It came from none other than my director Krishnavamsi. He complimented me that I am a born artist.

How did you feel when you saw the first copy?
When I saw the film for the first time, I did not even realize it was over. I had to go second time to see myself. The first time, I was only seeing Mahalaxmi. It was a thrilling experience.

Before the interview concluded, I asked Swathi about her liking for music and dance. She loves both and she said she even performed few dances programs during school time.

No comments: